We’ve made it to the end! I feel like I just started baking, and now here I am with tins and tins of cookies lining my countertops on the last day of Christmas treats!
Thank you so much for coming back each day to see what I cooked up for you. I hope, if anything, I inspired even one of you to bake a batch of treats this holiday season. I had so much fun doing this, and am pretty proud that I made it to the finish line.
Today’s recipe is one that is very special to me. When I was younger, maybe around 7 or 8 years old, I remember coming home one day and seeing my Dad in the kitchen baking cookies. Now you have to understand that my Dad didn’t eat ANY sweets, let alone BAKE COOKIES?!? Needless to say, my Mom and I were stunned and not sure we could believe what we were seeing. My Dad had whipped up his own creation, double chocolate cookies using raspberry chocolate chips. I can still remember how they tasted to this day. This memory sticks out in my mind so strongly, and I have been wanting to replicate those cookies for many years. I have searched and searched for raspberry chocolate chips, and I am pretty sure they don’t make them anymore. I spotted a raspberry chocolate bar in the grocery store earlier this year, and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. These cookies taste just like my Dad’s creation from so many years ago. Memories last forever, and I’ll never forget that day, or the taste of those cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chopped raspberry chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Switch to low speed, and gradually add in flour mixture, until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate by hand.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchement lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 mins, just until set.